WHEN YOUR GROWN CHILDREN SEEM UNAPPRECIATIVE
- But some rebels said, "How can this man save us?" So they despised him, and brought him no presents. But he held his peace.[1 Samuel 10:27]
- The way of the Lord is strength for the upright, But destruction will come to the workers of iniquity.[Proverbs 10:29]
- The thoughts of the righteous are right, But the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.
A prudent man conceals knowledge, But the heart of fools proclaims foolishness.
- He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. [Proverbs 14:29]
- A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.[Proverbs 15:1]
- He who has knowledge spares his words, And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit. [Proverbs 17:27]
- Do not go hastily to court; For what will you do in the end, When your neighbor has put you to shame?
By long forbearance a ruler is persuaded, And a gentle tongue breaks a bone.
- Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him. [Proverbs 29:20]
- To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
- Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few.[Ecclesiastes 5:2]
- The end of a thing is better than its beginning; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.
Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools.
- It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord. [Lamentations 3:26]
- By your patience possess your souls.[Luke 21:19]
- To the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. [1 Corinthians 9:22]
- Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
[1 Corinthians 13:4,5]
- But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses,
In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in fastings;
By purity, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by sincere love,
[2 Corinthians 6:4-6]
- by the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
By honor and dishonor, by evil report and good report; as deceivers, and yet true;
As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as chastened, and yet not killed;
As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
[2 Corinthians 6:7-10]
- For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me. [2 Corinthians 12:6]
- And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, [2 Timothy 2:24]