WHEN YOUR GROWN CHILDREN SEEMS IRRESPONSIBLE
- As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. [2 Samuel 22:31]
- A Meditation of David, which he sang to the Lord concerning the words of Cush, a Benjamite. O Lord my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me, [Psalm 7:1 ]
- The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble.[Psalm 9:9]
- And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.[Psalm 9:10]
- Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy,
To deliver their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine.
- The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned. [Psalm 34:22]
- Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, Whose heart is set on pilgrimage. [Psalm 84:5]
- A good man deals graciously and lends; He will guide his affairs with discretion.
He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; [Proverbs 3:5]
- The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.[Proverbs 29:25]
- You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.[Isaiah 26:3]
- For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: "In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." But you would not, [Isaiah 30:15]
- Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.[Jeremiah 17:7]
- For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.[Jeremiah 17:8]
- So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done.
And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
- Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!"
- And the apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith."[Luke 17:5]
- Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.[Romans 15:13]
- And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [2 Corinthians 12:9]
- But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. [1 Thessalonians 5:8]
- Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.[Hebrews 12:2]
- Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." [Hebrews 13:5]
- So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" [Hebrews 13:6]
- Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
[1 Peter 5:7,9]