WHEN THEY ARE NOT COMMITTED TO GOD
- Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying: 'On the tenth day of this month every man shall take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household.
Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel and said to them, "Pick out and take lambs for yourselves according to your families, and kill the Passover lamb.
- And you shall take a bunch of hyssop, dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and strike the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood that is in the basin. And none of you shall go out of the door of his house until morning.
For the Lord will pass through to strike the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the Lord will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you.
- For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him. [1 Samuel 1:27]
- And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the Lord and said, "O Lord my God, I pray, let this child's soul come back to him."
Then the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived.
[1 Kings 17:21,22]
- Does God subvert judgment? Or does the Almighty pervert justice?
If your sons have sinned against Him, He has cast them away for their transgression.
If you would earnestly seek God And make your supplication to the Almighty,
If you were pure and upright, Surely now He would awake for you, And prosper your rightful dwelling place.
Though your beginning was small, Yet your latter end would increase abundantly.
- He will bring justice to the poor of the people; He will save the children of the needy, And will break in pieces the oppressor.[Psalm 72:4]
- But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting On those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children,
To such as keep His covenant, And to those who remember His commandments to do them.
- Yes, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel![Psalm 128:6]
- But I am a worm, and no man; A reproach of men, and despised by the people.[Proverbs 22:6]
- Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.[Mark 11:24]
- For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call. [Acts 2:39]
- Who will tell you words by which you and all your household will be saved. [Acts 11:14]
- So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." [Acts 16:31]
- Who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be."
And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb.
He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,
And being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.