- For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him. [Genesis 18:19]
- And He said to them: Set your hearts on all the words which I testify among you today, which you shall command your children to be careful to observe all the words of this law.[Deuteronomy 32:46]
- Be strong and conduct yourselves like men, you Philistines, that you do not become servants of the Hebrews, as they have been to you. Conduct yourselves like men, and fight! [1 Samuel 4:9]
- He was more honoured than the thirty, but he did not attain to the first three. And David appointed him over his guard.[2 Samuel 23:3]
- Then he sent letters to all the king's provinces, to each province in its own script, and to every people in their own language, that each man should be master in his own house, and speak in the language of his own people.[Esther 1:22]
- You have delivered me from the strivings of the people; You have made me the head of the nations; A people I have not known shall serve me.[Psalms 18:43]
- By me princes rule, and nobles, All the judges of the earth.[Proverbs 8:16]
- The hand of the diligent will rule, But the lazy man will be put to forced labour.[Proverbs 12:24]
- And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season.
Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
- • And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may receive you into an everlasting home.[Luke 16:9]
- One who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence.
For if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?
Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
[1 Timothy 3:4,5,12]
- These things command and teach.
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.[1 Timothy 4:11,12]
- And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.[2 Timothy 2:2]
- Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.[Titus 2:15]
- Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.
Greet all those who rule over you, and all the saints. Those from Italy greet you.