- Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way.[1 Samuel 12:23]
- And I told them of the hand of my God which had been good upon me, and also of the king's words that he had spoken to me. So they said, "Let us rise up and build." Then they set their hands to this good work.[Nehemiah 2:18]
- A wise man will hear and increase learning, And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel.[Proverbs 1:5]
- Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.[Proverbs 9:9]
- He who has a slack hand becomes poor, But the hand of the diligent makes rich.
He who gathers in summer is a wise son; He who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame.
- A righteous man hates lying, But a wicked man is loathsome and comes to shame.[Proverbs 13:5]
- When the scoffer is punished, the simple is made wise; But when the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge.[Proverbs 21:11]
- Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, And apply your heart to my knowledge;
For it is a pleasant thing if you keep them within you; Let them all be fixed upon your lips.
- Apply your heart to instruction, And your ears to words of knowledge.
Buy the truth, and do not sell it, Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
- Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. [2 Timothy 1:6]