- The wicked borrows and does not repay, But the righteous shows mercy and gives.[Psalm 37:21]
- As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those who fear Him.[Psalm 103:13]
- Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so.[Proverbs 3:27]
- He covets greedily all day long, But the righteous gives and does not spare.[Proverbs 21:26]
- Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?[Isaiah 58:6,7]
- Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.[Matthew 5:42]
- Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! [Matthew 7:9-11]
- Then one of the crowds answered and said, "Teacher, I brought You my son, who has a mute spirit.[Mark 9:17]
- So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.
- But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.[1 Timothy 5:8]
- If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,
And one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?
- But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?[1 John 3:17]