FAITHFUL TO HIS SPOUSE
- And it came to pass after these things that his master's wife cast longing eyes on Joseph, and she said, "Lie with me.”
But he refused and said to his master's wife, "Look, my master does not know what is with me in the house, and he has committed all that he has to my hand.
There is no one greater in this house than I, nor has he kept back anything from me but you, because you are his wife. How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?"
So it was, as she spoke to Joseph day by day, that he did not heed her, to lie with her or to be with her.
But it happened about this time, when Joseph went into the house to do his work, and none of the men of the house was inside,
That she caught him by his garment, saying, "Lie with me." But he left his garment in her hand, and fled and ran outside.
- Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," And call understanding your nearest kin,[Proverbs 7:4]
- But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.[Matthew 5:28]
- • And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
- Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.[1 Corinthians 6:18]
- And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
- Abstain from every form of evil.[1 Thessalonians 5:22]
- Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.[2 Timothy 2:22]
- Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.[James 4:7]