- A good man deals graciously and lends; He will guide his affairs with discretion.[Psalm 112:5]
- He who despises his neighbor sins; But he who has mercy on the poor, happy is he. [Proverbs 14:21]
- What is desired in a man is kindness, And a poor man is better than a liar.[Proverbs 19:22]
- "Thus says the Lord of hosts: 'Execute true justice, Show mercy and compassion Everyone to his brother.
Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, The alien or the poor. Let none of you plan evil in his heart Against his brother.”
- Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.
Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
- Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
- And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.
But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
- I have shown you in every way, by labouring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'[Acts 20:35]
- Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.[Romans 12:15]
- We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Let each of us please his neighbour for his good, leading to edification.
Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus.
- Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
[1 Corinthians 13:4-7]
- Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.