- Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you.[Psalm 32:9]
- Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way.[Psalm 119:104]
- Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding
She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who retain her.
Do not strive with a man without cause, If he has done you no harm.
- He who is devoid of wisdom despises his neighbour, But a man of understanding holds his peace.[Proverbs 11:12]
- He who despises his neighbour sins; But he who has mercy on the poor, happy is he.
He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly.
- A wicked man hardens his face, But as for the upright, he establishes his way.[Proverbs 21:29]
- Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.[Philippians 2:5]
- Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.[Hebrews 12:14]
- But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
- For "He who would love life And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit.
Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.
[1 Peter 3:10,11]