- And David said to Abishai and all his servants, "See how my son who came from my own body seeks my life. How much more now may this Benjamite? Let him alone, and let him curse; for so the Lord has ordered him.[2 Samuel 16:11]
- Keep your tongue from evil, And your lips from speaking deceit.[Psalm 34:13]
- He who guards his mouth preserves his life, But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.[Proverbs 13:3]
- Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, "Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you."[Acts 24:25]
- Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. [Romans 6:12]
- Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother.[1 Corinthians 1:1]
- But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. [1 Corinthians 9:27]
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.[Galatians 5:22]
- Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.[Colossians 4:6]
- In humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth.[2 Timothy 2:25]
- At my first defence no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them.[2 Timothy 4:16]
- If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.[James 1:26]
- For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.[James 3:2]
- Who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honour, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
[1 Peter 1:5,7]
- Rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.
For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands,
For He who would love life, And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit.
[1 Peter 3:4,5,10]