A GOOD LISTENER
- And in all that I have said to you, be circumspect and make no mention of the name of other gods, nor let it be heard from your mouth.[Exodus 23:13]
- But take careful heed to do the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to keep His commandments, to hold fast to Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.[Joshua 22:5]
- The ear that hears the rebukes of life will abide among the wise.[Proverbs 15:31]
- Now therefore, listen to me, my children; Pay attention to the words of my mouth.[Proverbs 7:24]
- He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.
The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
- The hearing ear and the seeing eye, The Lord has made them both.[Proverbs 20:12]
- Apply your heart to instruction, And your ears to words of knowledge.[Proverbs 23:12]
- Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold is a wise rebuker to an obedient ear.[Proverbs 25:12]
- Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.[Luke 8:18]
- Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house.
And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word.
- And were unable to do anything; for all the people were very attentive to hear Him.[Luke 19:48]
- Of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.[Hebrews 5:11]
- So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
For he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
- He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.[Revelation 2:11]