- A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.[Proverbs 15:1]
- He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.[Proverbs 16:32]
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
- Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.[Matthew 11:29]
- Then He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to Him, and begged Him to touch him.[Mark 8:22]
- Now He arose from the synagogue and entered Simon's house. But Simon's wife's mother was sick with a high fever, and they made request of Him concerning her.[Luke 4:38]
- And when they came to Jesus, they begged Him earnestly, saying that the one for whom He should do this was deserving.[Luke 7:4]
- When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to Him and implored Him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death.[John 4:47]
- Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.[Romans 14:19]
- Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
[1 Corinthians 13:4-7]
- Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tender hearted, be courteous;[1 Peter 3:8]