WHEN YOUR CHILDREN MUST COPE WITH PARENTAL DISHARMONY
- After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."[Genesis 15:1]
- Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, The shield of your help And the sword of your majesty! Your enemies shall submit to you, And you shall tread down their high places.[Deuteronomy 33:29]
- And he said: "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Saviour, You save me from violence.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.
[2 Samuel 22:2-4]
- He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.[Psalm 91:4]
- You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord; He is their help and their shield.[Psalm 115:11]
- You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.[Psalm 119:114]
- A Psalm of David. Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.[Psalm 144:1]
- My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, My shield and the One in whom I take refuge, Who subdues my people under me.[Psalm 144:2]
- Then you will walk safely in your way, And your foot will not stumble.
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.