WHEN YOUR CHILDREN BECOME REBELLIOUS TOWARD GOD
- I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.[Psalm 4:8]
- A Meditation of David, which he sang to the Lord concerning the words of Cush, a Benjamite. O Lord my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me,
Lest they tear me like a lion, Rending me in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
- Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret--it only causes harm.
- Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.[Romans 12:17]
- Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.[Colossians 3:13]
- For Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica--Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia.[2 Timothy 4:10]
- At my first defence no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them.
But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. And I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!
[2 Timothy 4:16-18]
- For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.[Hebrews 12:3]
- Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”