WHEN YOUR CHILDREN ENCOUNTER PEER PRESSURE
- If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers,
You shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him;
- He who does not put out his money at usury, Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved.[Psalm 15:5]
- Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive blessing from the Lord, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
- My son, if sinners entice you, Do not consent.
If they say, "Come with us, Let us lie in wait to shed blood; Let us lurk secretly for the innocent without cause;
Let us swallow them alive like Sheol, And whole, like those who go down to the Pit;
We shall find all kinds of precious possessions, We shall fill our houses with spoil;
Cast in your lot among us, Let us all have one purse".
My son, do not walk in the way with them, Keep your foot from their path;
- Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.
Put away from you a deceitful mouth, And put perverse lips far from you.
Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you.
Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established.
Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil.
- He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, He who despises the gain of oppressions, Who gestures with his hands, refusing bribes, Who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed, And shuts his eyes from seeing evil:
He will dwell on high; His place of defence will be the fortress of rocks; Bread will be given him, His water will be sure.
[Isaiah 33:15,16 ]
- Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.