WHEN YOUR CHILDREN BECOME QUARRELSOME
- You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, And you shall not be afraid of destruction when it comes. [Job 5:21]
- You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence From the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion From the strife of tongues. [Psalm 31:20]
- Keep your tongue from evil, And your lips from speaking deceit.
Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it.[Psalm 34:13,14]
- He who is devoid of wisdom despises his neighbour, But a man of understanding holds his peace.[Proverbs 11:12]
- By pride comes nothing but strife, But with the well-advised is wisdom.[Proverbs 13:10]
- He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly.[Proverbs 14:29]
- A wrathful man stirs up strife, But he who is slow to anger allays contention.[Proverbs 15:18]
- The beginning of strife is like releasing water; Therefore stop contention before a quarrel starts.
He who has knowledge spares his words, And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit.
Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.
- A fool's lips enter into contention, And his mouth calls for blows.
Casting lots causes contentions to cease, And keeps the mighty apart.
A brother offended is harder to win than a strong city, And contentions are like the bars of a castle.
- Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.
But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.