WHEN YOUR WIFE DISAGREES WITH YOU ABOUT THE CHILDREN’S DISCIPLINE
- A Psalm of David. Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill?
He who walks uprightly, And works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart;
- Keep your tongue from evil, And your lips from speaking deceit.[Psalm 34:13]
- The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice.[Psalm 37:30]
- To the Chief Musician. To Jeduthun. A Psalm of David. I said, "I will guard my ways, Lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle, While the wicked are before me." [Psalm 39:1]
- The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, But the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil.[Proverbs 15:28]
- A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back.
Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
- But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.[Matthew 5:37]
- A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.[Matthew 12:35]
- And be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
- Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Submitting to one another in the fear of God.
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Saviour of the body.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her
So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
- Not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
For "He who would love life And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit.
Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.
[1 Peter 3:9-11]