WHEN YOUR WIFE SEEMS OVERLY CRITICAL OR ABUSIVE
- To the Chief Musician. To Jeduthun. A Psalm of David. I said, "I will guard my ways, Lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle, While the wicked are before me." [Psalm 39:1]
- The truthful lip shall be established forever, But a lying tongue is but for a moment.[Proverbs 12:19]
- A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.[Proverbs 15:1]
- And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.[Matthew 6:13]
- Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- And we labour, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; [1 Corinthians 4:12]
- Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
[1 Corinthians 13:4-7]
- See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.[1 Thessalonians 5:15]
- Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:[Hebrews 12:14]
- Who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; [1 Peter 2:23 ]