WHEN OTHERS HAVE UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS OF YOU
- For wrath kills a foolish man, And envy slays a simple one. [Job 5:2]
- My lips will not speak wickedness, Nor my tongue utter deceit. [Job 27:4]
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret--it only causes harm.[Psalm 37:8]
- He who guards his mouth preserves his life, But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.[Proverbs 13:3]
- He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly.[Proverbs 14:29]
- A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.[Proverbs 15:1]
- The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger, And his glory is to overlook a transgression.
A man of great wrath will suffer punishment; For if you rescue him, you will have to do it again.
- Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls.[Proverbs 25:28]
- Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.[Proverbs 29:20]
- Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools.[Ecclesiastes 7:9]
- But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.
- "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,[Ephesians 4:26]
- But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.[Colossians 3:8]
- I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; [1 Timothy 2:8]
- So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
- Not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
For "He who would love life And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit.
[1 Peter 3:9,10]