WHEN YOU GET FIRED FROM YOUR JOB
- The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand.
- Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance.[Psalm 42:5]
- Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.[Psalm 50:15]
- Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.[Psalm 55:22]
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.[Psalm 138:7,8]
- I returned and saw under the sun that-- The race is not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding, Nor favour to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all.[Ecclesiastes 9:11]
- Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.[Matthew 5:4]
- Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
- And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.[Romans 8:28]
- No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.[1 Corinthians 10:13]
- We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.
[2 Corinthians 4:8,9]
- Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore take up the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
- For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.