WHEN YOU NEED TIME AWAY FROM THE DEMANDS OF OTHERS
- In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry entered His ears.
God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.
For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose against me.
[2 Samuel 22:7,33,40]
- You, O God, sent a plentiful rain, Whereby You confirmed Your inheritance, When it was weary.[Psalm 68:9]
- I called on the Lord in distress; The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.[Psalm 118:5]
- A Song of Ascents. In my distress I cried to the Lord, And He heard me.[Psalm 120:1]
- For You have been a strength to the poor, A strength to the needy in his distress, A refuge from the storm, A shade from the heat; For the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.[Isaiah 25:4]
- He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
- The Lord God has given Me The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to him who is weary. He awakens me morning by morning, He awakens My ear To hear as the learned.[Isaiah 50:4]
- You are wearied in the length of your way; Yet you did not say, 'There is no hope.' You have found the life of your hand; Therefore you were not grieved.[Isaiah 57:10]
- If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, Then how can you contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, In which you trusted, they wearied you, Then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan? [Jeremiah 12:5]
- Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.[Luke 22:43]
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.[Philippians 4:13]
- But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.[2 Thessalonians 3:13]
- Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.[Hebrews 11:34]