WHEN DAILY FAMILY DEVOTIONS SEEM DIFFICULT
- For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him.[Genesis 18:19]
- Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren.[Deuteronomy 4:9]
- And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
- You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.[Deuteronomy 11:19 ]
- And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. [Joshua 24:15]
- I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old,
Which we have heard and known, And our fathers have told us.
- A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.[Proverbs 13:22]
- He who is greedy for gain troubles his own house, But he who hates bribes will live.[Proverbs 15:27]
- Better is a dry morsel with quietness, Than a house full of feasting with strife.[Proverbs 17:1]
- The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.[Proverbs 20:7]
- Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.[Proverbs 22:6]
- Through wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established;[Proverbs 24:3]
- Correct your son, and he will give you rest; Yes, he will give delight to your soul.[Proverbs 29:17]