WHEN TITHING TO THE WORK OF GOD SEEMS DIFFICULT
- The gold for things of gold and the silver for things of silver, and for all kinds of work to be done by the hands of craftsmen. Who then is willing to consecrate himself this day to the Lord?[1 Chronicles 29:5]
- But you, be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded! [2 Chronicles 15:7]
- Make vows to the Lord your God, and pay them; Let all who are around Him bring presents to Him who ought to be feared.[Psalm 76:11]
- A good man deals graciously and lends; He will guide his affairs with discretion.
He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever; His horn will be exalted with honour.
- Honour the Lord with your possessions, And with the first fruits of all your increase;
So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
- There is one who scatters, yet increases more; And there is one who withholds more than is right, But it leads to poverty.
The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.
- There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; And one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches.[Proverbs 13:7]
- He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, And He will pay back what he has given. [Proverbs 19:17]
- He covets greedily all day long, But the righteous gives and does not spare. [Proverbs 21:26]
- He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor.[Proverbs 22:9]
- He who gives to the poor will not lack, But he who hides his eyes will have many curses. [Proverbs 28:27]
- • Cast your bread upon the waters, For you will find it after many days.
Give a serving to seven, and also to eight, For you do not know what evil will be on the earth.
- But a generous man devises generous things, And by generosity he shall stand.[Isaiah 32:8]
- • Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this," Says the Lord of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
"And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field," Says the Lord of hosts;
- Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you. [Luke 6:38]
- He who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness. [Romans 12:8]
- On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.[1 Corinthians 16:2]
- But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.
[2 Corinthians 9:6-8]
- Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.
Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share,
Storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
[1 Timothy 6:17-19]
- But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?
My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
[1 John 3:17,18]