WHEN YOUR CHILDREN NEED TO LEARN THE BLESSING OF WORK
- You shall not oppress a hired servant who is poor and needy, whether one of your brethren or one of the aliens who is in your land within your gates.
Each day you shall give him his wages, and not let the sun go down on it, for he is poor and has set his heart on it; lest he cry out against you to the Lord, and it be sin to you.
- You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain. [Deuteronomy 25:4]
- He who has a slack hand becomes poor, But the hand of the diligent makes rich.[Proverbs 10:4]
- He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread, But he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding.
The hand of the diligent will rule, But the lazy man will be put to forced labour.
The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, But diligence is man's precious possession.
- Wealth gained by dishonesty will be diminished, But he who gathers by labour will increase.[Proverbs 13:11]
- In all labour there is profit, But idle chatter leads only to poverty.[Proverbs 14:23]
- Do not love sleep, lest you come to poverty; Open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with bread.[Proverbs 20:13]
- Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men. [Proverbs 22:29]
- He who tills his land will have plenty of bread, But he who follows frivolity will have poverty enough! [Proverbs 28:19]
- The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, Whether he eats little or much; But the abundance of the rich will not permit him to sleep. [Ecclesiastes 5:12]