WHEN SOMEONE HAS OFFENDED YOU
- So the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? [Genesis 4:6]
- For wrath kills a foolish man, And envy slays a simple one.[Job 5:2]
- Be afraid of the sword for yourselves; For wrath brings the punishment of the sword, That you may know there is a judgment. [Job 19:29]
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret--it only causes harm.[Psalm 37:8]
- For jealousy is a husband's fury; Therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.[Proverbs 6:34]
- A fool's wrath is known at once, But a prudent man covers shame.[Proverbs 12:16]
- A quick-tempered man acts foolishly, And a man of wicked intentions is hated.
He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly.
- A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.[Proverbs 15:1]
- Lest you learn his ways And set a snare for your soul.[Proverbs 22:25]
- Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls. [Proverbs 25:28]
- Wrath is cruel and anger a torrent, But who is able to stand before jealousy?[Proverbs 27:4]
- Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools.[Ecclesiastes 7:9]
- But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. [Matthew 5:22]
- This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.[Acts 24:16]
- Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God, [1 Corinthians 10:32]
- We give no offense in anything, that our ministry may not be blamed.[2 Corinthians 6:3]
- But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.[Colossians 3:8]
- So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
- Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; [2 Peter 3:14]