WHEN YOU FIND IT DIFFICULT TO BE THE SPIRITUAL LEADER IN YOUR HOME
- For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him.[Genesis 18:19]
- And that you may tell in the hearing of your son and your son's son the mighty things I have done in Egypt, and My signs which I have done among them, that you may know that I am the Lord.[Exodus 10:2]
- And you shall tell your son in that day, saying, 'This is done because of what the Lord did for me when I came up from Egypt.'[Exodus 13:8]
- Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren,
Especially concerning the day you stood before the Lord your God in Horeb, when the Lord said to me, 'Gather the people to Me, and I will let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear Me all the days they live on the earth, and that they may teach their children.'
- You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. [Deuteronomy 6:7]
- And the Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that He might preserve us alive, as it is this day.[Deuteronomy 6:24]
- Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates,
That your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth.
- For He established a testimony in Jacob, And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers, That they should make them known to their children;
That the generation to come might know them, The children who would be born, That they may arise and declare them to their children,
- A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. [Proverbs 13:22]
- Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.[Proverbs 22:6]
- Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. [Proverbs 23:13]
- The rod and rebuke give wisdom, But a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.[Proverbs 29:15]
- Correct your son, and he will give you rest; Yes, he will give delight to your soul. [Proverbs 29:17]
- The living, the living man, he shall praise You, As I do this day; The father shall make known Your truth to the children. [Isaiah 38:19]
- Tell your children about it, Let your children tell their children, And their children another generation.[Joel 1:3]
- And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.[Malachi 4:6]
- If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?
Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
- Now for the third time I am ready to come to you. And I will not be burdensome to you; for I do not seek yours, but you. For the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.[2 Corinthians 12:14]
- And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.[Ephesians 6:4]
- Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.[Colossians 3:21]
- As you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children, [1 Thessalonians 2:11]
- One who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence
(For if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?);
Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
[1 Timothy 3:4,5,12]
- But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.[1 Timothy 5:8]
- If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? [Hebrews 12:7]