WHEN A SPIRITUAL MENTOR FAILS
- Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
From the wicked who oppress me, From my deadly enemies who surround me.
- For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. [Psalm 27:5]
- You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence From the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion From the strife of tongues.[Psalm 31:20]
- You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah[Psalm 32:7]
- My dishonor is continually before me, And the shame of my face has covered me,
Because of the voice of him who reproaches and reviles, Because of the enemy and the avenger.
All this has come upon us; But we have not forgotten You, Nor have we dealt falsely with Your covenant.
Our heart has not turned back, Nor have our steps departed from Your way;
- Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is with those who uphold my life.[Psalm 54:4]
- From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy.
- Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my trouble; Incline Your ear to me; In the day that I call, answer me speedily.[Psalm 102:2]
- You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.[Psalm 119:114]
- Answer me speedily, O Lord; My spirit fails! Do not hide Your face from me, Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.
Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.
Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; In You I take shelter.
Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.
- Revive me, O Lord, for Your name's sake! For Your righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble. [Psalm 143:11]
- If you see the oppression of the poor, and the violent perversion of justice and righteousness in a province, do not marvel at the matter; for high official watches over high official, and higher officials are over them. [Ecclesiastes 5:8]
- Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you; Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, Until the indignation is past. [Isaiah 26:20]
- A man will be as a hiding place from the wind, And a cover from the tempest, As rivers of water in a dry place, As the shadow of a great rock in a weary land. [Isaiah 32:2]
- Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.[Luke 6:37]
- And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.[Luke 11:4]
- Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." And they divided His garments and cast lots. [Luke 23:34]
- Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." [John 5:8]
- And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.[Ephesians 4:32]
- For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day. [2 Timothy 1:12]
- who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously;[1 Peter 2:23]
- Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.[1 Peter 4:19]