WHEN YOU NEED TO OVERCOME RESENTMENT
- Why is light given to him who is in misery, And life to the bitter of soul,
Who long for death, but it does not come, And search for it more than hidden treasures;
- Therefore I will not restrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. [Job 7:11]
- But man dies and is laid away; Indeed he breathes his last And where is he?[Job 14:10]
- Even today my complaint is bitter; My hand is listless because of my groaning.
Oh, that I knew where I might find Him, That I might come to His seat!
I would present my case before Him, And fill my mouth with arguments.
I would know the words which He would answer me, And understand what He would say to me.
Would He contend with me in His great power? No! But He would take note of me.
There the upright could reason with Him, And I would be delivered forever from my Judge.
"Look, I go forward, but He is not there, And backward, but I cannot perceive Him;
When He works on the left hand, I cannot behold Him; When He turns to the right hand, I cannot see Him.
But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.
- Indeed it was for my own peace That I had great bitterness; But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back. [Isaiah 38:17]
- For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.[Acts 8:23]
- Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.[Ephesians 4:31]
- Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.
- Looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; [Hebrews 12:15]
- Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening?
Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.
But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.