WHEN YOU NEED TO OVERCOME ENVY OR JEALOUSY
- For wrath kills a foolish man, And envy slays a simple one.
I have seen the foolish taking root, But suddenly I cursed his dwelling place.
- A Psalm of David. Do not fret because of evildoers, Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
- Do not be afraid when one becomes rich, When the glory of his house is increased; [Psalm 49:16]
- For I was envious of the boastful, When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
When I thought how to understand this, It was too painful for me.
- Wrath is cruel and anger a torrent, But who is able to stand before jealousy? [Proverbs 27:4]
- Again, I saw that for all toil and every skillful work a man is envied by his neighbor. This also is vanity and grasping for the wind. [Ecclesiastes 4:4]
- The Shulamite to Her Beloved Set me as a seal upon your heart, As a seal upon your arm; For love is as strong as death, Jealousy as cruel as the grave; Its flames are flames of fire, A most vehement flame. [Song of Solomon 8:6]
- Therefore, as I live," says the Lord God, "I will do according to your anger and according to the envy which you showed in your hatred against them; and I will make Myself known among them when I judge you.[Ezekiel 35:11]
- Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.[Romans 13:13]
- For you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?[1 Corinthians 3:3]
- Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; [1 Corinthians 13:4]
- Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
Idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
Envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
- For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. [Titus 3:3]
- But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. [James 3:14]
- Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"? [James 4:5]
- Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door![James 5:9]
- Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking.[1 Peter 2:1]