WHEN YOU FEEL ANXIOUS ABOUT YOUR ADVANCING AGE
- And Jacob said to Pharaoh, "The days of the years of my pilgrimage are one hundred and thirty years; few and evil have been the days of the years of my life, and they have not attained to the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage."[Genesis 47:9]
- Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished.[Deuteronomy 34:7]
- So he died in a good old age, full of days and riches and honor; and Solomon his son reigned in his place.[1 Chronicles 29:28]
- You shall come to the grave at a full age, As a sheaf of grain ripens in its season.[Job 5:26]
- And your life would be brighter than noonday. Though you were dark, you would be like the morning.[Job 11:17]
- Wisdom is with aged men, And with length of days, understanding.[Job 12:12]
- So Elihu, the son of Barachel the Buzite, answered and said: "I am young in years, and you are very old; Therefore I was afraid, And dared not declare my opinion to you.
I said, 'Age should speak, And multitude of years should teach wisdom.'
But there is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives him understanding.
Great men are not always wise, Nor do the aged always understand justice.
- So Job died, old and full of days.[Job 42:17]
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever. [Psalm 23:6]
- One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple. [Psalm 27:4]
- The Lord knows the days of the upright, And their inheritance shall be forever. [Psalm 37:18]
- Lord, make me to know my end, And what is the measure of my days, That I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, And my age is as nothing before You; Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah
- Do not cast me off in the time of old age; Do not forsake me when my strength fails.
Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come.
- The days of our lives are seventy years; And if by reason of strength they are eighty years, Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; For it is soon cut off, and we fly away. [Psalm 90:10]
- They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing.[Psalm 92:14]
- Both young men and maidens; Old men and children.
Let them praise the name of the Lord, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above the earth and heaven.
- Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.[Isaiah 46:4]
- And this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.[Luke 2:37]
- That the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience;[Titus 2:2]
- Yet for love's sake I rather appeal to you--being such a one as Paul, the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.
I appeal to you for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten while in my chains.