WHEN YOU NEED TO FORGIVE
- The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger, And his glory is to overlook a transgression.[Proverbs 19:11]
- Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;
Do not say, "I will do to him just as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work."
- If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;
For so you will heap coals of fire on his head, And the Lord will reward you.
- Also do not take to heart everything people say, Lest you hear your servant cursing you. [Ecclesiastes 7:21]
- Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.
But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
- And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.
For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
Jesus said to him, I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
- And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.[Mark 11:25]
- Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.
And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him."
- Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure;
Being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.
[1 Corinthians 4:12,13]
- And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.[Ephesians 4:32]
- Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.[Colossians 3:13]
- Not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.[1 Peter 3:9]