WHEN YOU NEED TO APOLOGIZE
- The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way.[Psalm 25:9]
- A Song of Ascents. Of David. Lord, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me.
Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
- Though the Lord is on high, Yet He regards the lowly; But the proud He knows from afar.[Psalm 138:6]
- The Lord lifts up the humble; He casts the wicked down to the ground.[Psalms 147:6]
- Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble.[Proverbs 3:34]
- When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom.[Proverbs 11:2]
- Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, Than to divide the spoil with the proud. [Proverbs 16:19]
- By humility and the fear of the Lord Are riches and honor and life.[Proverbs 22:4]
- Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; A stranger, and not your own lips. [Proverbs 27:2]
- "Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! Add year to year; Let feasts come around. [Isaiah 29:1]
- For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones. [Isaiah 57:15]
- For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist," Says the Lord. "But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word.[Isaiah 66:2]
- He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?[Micah 6:8]
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.[Matthew 5:3]
- Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,
And said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
- And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. [Matthew 23:12]
- I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. [Luke 18:14]
- For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.[Romans 12:3]
- Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. [1 Corinthians 10:12]
- Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;[1 Corinthians 13:4]
- Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. [Galatians 5:26]
- Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. [Philippians 2:3]
- But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
- Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
[1 Peter 5:5,6]