WHEN YOU NEED PHYSICAL HEALING
- The Lord will strengthen him on his bed of illness; You will sustain him on his sickbed.[Psalm 41:3]
- Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. [Psalm 55:22]
- My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. [Psalm 73:26]
- A Psalm of David. Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,
- But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.[Isaiah 53:5]
- For I will surely deliver you, and you shall not fall by the sword; but your life shall be as a prize to you, because you have put your trust in Me," says the Lord. " [Jeremiah 39:18 ]
- The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. [Nahum 1:7]
- Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.[Matthew 11:28]
- When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep."[Luke 7:13]
- And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. [Romans 8:28]
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ.
[2 Corinthians 1:3-5]
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
[2 Corinthians 4:16,17]
- Nevertheless God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, [2 Corinthians 7:6]
- Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
And release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
- For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted. [Hebrews 2:18]
- For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
- Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
- My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience.[James 5:10]
- Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;
But rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.
[1 Peter 4:12,13]
- who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed. [1 Peter 2:24]
- Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
[1 Peter 5:7,9]