WHEN YOU NEED WISDOM
- Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours? [1 Kings 3:9]
- I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons. [Psalm 16:7]
- I am Your servant; Give me understanding, That I may know Your testimonies.
It is time for You to act, O Lord, For they have regarded Your law as void.
The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple.
I opened my mouth and panted, For I longed for Your commandments.
- For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; [Proverbs 3:5]
- Apply your heart to instruction, And your ears to words of knowledge.
Hear, my son, and be wise; And guide your heart in the way.
Buy the truth, and do not sell it, Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
- My son, eat honey because it is good, And the honeycomb which is sweet to your taste; [Proverbs 24:13]
- You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell.[Proverbs 23:14]
- For God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to a man who is good in His sight; but to the sinner He gives the work of gathering and collecting, that he may give to him who is good before God. This also is vanity and grasping for the wind.[Ecclesiastes 2:26]
- Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left. [Isaiah 30:21]
- For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist.[Luke 21:15]
- However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
- For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,[1 Corinthians 12:8]
- that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
- See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,[Ephesians 5:15]
- For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
- In whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.[Colossians 2:3]
- Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time.[Colossians 4:5]
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.[2 Timothy 1:7]
- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.[James 1:5]
- Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
[James 3:13,17 ]