WHEN YOU FAIL TO MEET YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS
- Then the Lord said to Moses, "Depart and go up from here, you and the people whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt, to the land of which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, 'To your descendants I will give it.'
And I will send My Angel before you, and I will drive out the Canaanite and the Amorite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite.
- And they commanded the people, saying, "When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests, the Levites, bearing it, then you shall set out from your place and go after it. [Joshua 3:3]
- Please let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, that You may hear the prayer of Your servant which I pray before You now, day and night, for the children of Israel Your servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against You. Both my father's house and I have sinned. [Nehemiah 1:6 ]
- Moreover You led them by day with a cloudy pillar, And by night with a pillar of fire, To give them light on the road Which they should travel.
Yet in Your manifold mercies You did not forsake them in the wilderness. The pillar of the cloud did not depart from them by day, To lead them on the road; Nor the pillar of fire by night, To show them light, And the way they should go.
- You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways.
Or darkness so that you cannot see; And an abundance of water covers you.
- Behold, God works all these things, Twice, in fact, three times with a man,
To bring back his soul from the Pit, That he may be enlightened with the light of life.
- For You will light my lamp; The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.[Psalm 18:28]
- Teach me Your way, O Lord, And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.[Psalm 27:11]
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. [Psalm 32:8]
- For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.[Psalm 36:9]
- Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your tabernacle. [Psalm 43:3]
- So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.[Psalm 90:12]
- Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness; He is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. [Psalm 112:4]
- Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
- The simple believes every word, But the prudent considers well his steps.[Proverbs 14:15]
- The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, Searching all the inner depths of his heart. [Proverbs 20:27]
- A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.[Proverbs 22:3]
- And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. [Romans 12:2]
- But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. [Galatians 6:4 ]
- Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light." [Ephesians 5:14]
- Test all things; hold fast what is good. [1 Thessalonians 5:21]